Thursday, May 13, 2010

To the gym, to the gym to the gym, gym, gym!

Ok so I have not been the best at keeping up on this blog but today is the day to write! I made a goal for the month of April to exercise more. Not just to help with my weight but to help me feel better mentally. Sometimes in life you hit a road block, sometimes it is major and sometimes not so much but being 40 has not been my favorite and has made me think of life and where I am and what I am doing. I have not been happy with my body image for a very long time. I have put taking care of myself on the back burner and not tried to conquer what I like least about myself. During the last few week though I have decided that enough is enough and tried to become addicted to exercise.

I really have felt a difference in how I look at things and how I have felt. For the month of April I only missed 5 days of exercise. I found that on the days that I did not exercise I could feel a difference in my attitude and how I felt about that day and life. Not so great. For the month of May I decided that I would exercise every day for 1 hour!!! I have only missed 1 day but have tried to make up the hour for that day a little bit at a time. I am finding that I have a need to get there and exercise. I feel better and I am feeling a difference in my clothes. In the last 6 weeks of me going on a regular basis I have lost 12lbs. That is great for me. Now working on my diet is the next thing I want to do. Putting the both together in the past has been a challenge for me, but I have shown myself that if I can get out of been early in the morning and go to the gym everyday or exercise at home on my bike I can certainly watch what I put in my mouth.

Best reward of this whole thing. I have some jeans that I stopped wearing a year ago, because they were to tight. With my exercise I am back in those jeans. That has helped me also to keep going!

2 comments:

  1. You inspire me! You are doing such a fantastic job... Holy cow a full hour of exercise a day is such a great accomplishment! Keep up the great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for jeans!
    Thank you fun friend for letting me tag along with you. You are the rockstar or the year!

    ReplyDelete