Sunday, January 17, 2010

My trip to Disneyland

Ahhh it has been a few days since I have written so today I will do just that. My family and I just returned from Disneyland, which just happens to be my most favorite place on the whole planet. Now Disneyland is a little bit of a sinful place as well for the weak dieter, let me explain. They have this little red cart that is right in between Main Street and the Carnation Restaurant, in beautiful bold gold letters you see the words....Corn Dogs. Now I know what you are thinking...a corn dog is not that tempting. I will tell you that if you are thinking this you have not had one of these corn dogs!! This tempting yummy golden treat is the best corn dog I have eaten in my whole life ,and I am not a fan of the corn dog but these would bring you to your knees. They are about 10 inches long, deep fried, fat and they are great. I was strong and only had one bite of daughters and then I was done. That was a big accomplishment for me.

I will share with you what helped me a little while I was there. I looked around at all the different shapes and sizes of people while I was there. I thought as I looked at different women I would love to be that thin..or she a good size even if I could get down around there, I would be OK with that, but what was a the real eye opener was this, as we exited the Winnie the Pooh ride I saw a beautiful lady, her make up was fancy and her hair was done cute, she was probably in her late 50's, she was in a motorized cart because she was so heavy that she could not walk the grounds with her children and her grandchildren. I thought to my self that if I did not get a handle on this weight issue of mine I would end up just like her. I had joked earlier with my husband that my feet hurt so bad and my legs and ankles were so swollen that I wished I had a little pixie dust to sprinkle on them to help to make them hurt less and feel litter on my feet.

There is no pixie dust only my power to gain control of my life I thought and so I continued to be good even on my trip. I did snitch a bit but I did eat my last ding dong in the happiest place on earth. Kind of fitting don't you think?

My goal this week it to make it to the gym at least 2 times and exercise at least 5 days this week. I will work on my treadmill, and also my stationary bike. My goal also this week is 3 lbs

1 comment:

  1. So, favorite red-headed friend, how goes the "diet"? I am STRUGGLING and i need to get to the store to load up on cardboard diet dinners. I really think I'm going to sign up for Boot Camp at Wasatch Crossfit...$195 for 8 weeks of pure torture. YIKES.

    I have a horrible headache today...must get a DDP...

    ReplyDelete